EASY GUIDE TO CLEAR SKIN.
Discover easy ways to get great skin and a flawless complexion.
1. Let’s start at the very beginning. Pores get clogged and close up because we keep feeding ourselves junk. As the skin struggles and fights to get much needed nutrients, it pushes up causing spots which could be whiteheads, Blackheads or pimples. 99% of the time the easy way to get rid of these irritating zits is simply to make changes in your diet. Cut out fizzy drinks, substitute with fresh juices, sugars, chocolates, cakes etc. Include lots of vegetables, you can even juice them and watch your skin start to glow.
2. Water is your friend. An adult is meant to drink a gallon of water a day! It seems an impossible feat, but it really isn’t. Drinking lots of water daily aids digestion and helps rid the body and skin of toxins. Water consumption improves your complexion. If you can keep up with the amount of water you need to drink daily, before a week is out you’ll notice a dramatic difference in your complexion.
3. A lot of people refuse to moisturise, because they say they have oily skin. Oily skin is caused by by excess skin oil produced within the pores. Again a change of diet is required. When you eat lots of junk food, your skin doesn’t get the required nutrients it needs, so it begins to over work itself to produce what it requires, hence the oily shine. There’s no better time to use a good moisturiser than when you notice you have oily skin. Try sticking to a daily routine. So before bed, wash and cleanse your face, remove every trace of makeup, (sleeping with makeup clogs your pores) use your moisturiser liberally and refrain from touching your skin.
3. Steaming your face is another brilliant way to get an amazing complexion. Whether you suffer from acne or have blemish-free skin, one of the best ways to cleanse facial pores is to steam your face. Once every two weeks or once a month is all you need! Make sure your skin is clean before you start.
4. Don’t Pull. Most times after our baths, when we’re wiping our faces, we tend to pull downwards. Over time this causes the skin to sag. Gently dab, don’t pull.
5. As we apply our moisturiser we sometimes forget the sensitive skin around our eyes. I like to pay particular attention to my crows feet, my eye lids, the skin under my eyes and gently dab some cream in those areas.